Monday 15 December 2014

Wasn't my fault honest, mister....

Yesterday I decided to clean some of my jewellery, not using the old barmaid trick of soaking in gin, but just a soak, wash with a soft tooth brush and rinse in warm soapy water!  Now I've done this loads of times and I am always careful to make sure that the plug is in the sink............

Last night I did the final rinse and there was an earring missing - Mr S was convinced that it was in the u-bend and insisted on removing said pipe to retrieve the missing item.  By this time I was just a little bit upset, as I knew that I had been so very careful and the missing earring was one that we had bought at the same time as we replaced our wedding rings.......  So not just any old earring, something with a bit of romantic meaning


The u-bend was removed and carefully washed out, but no earring, he look both up and down the pipes and finally declared it lost..........  I was berated for using the sink - I should have used a larger bowl, but I knew that it couldn't possibly jumped out of the container and down the drain - I protested in vain - I was just plain careless.............

The u-bend was replaced and tested and I was left to clear up the mess - and there in the soft tooth brush I espied the missing earring..............

But as least I have a beautifully clean u-bend..............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails