Monday 28 April 2014

I went to Wonderwool and.....

I bought 36 skeins of undyed yarn, two braids of Polwarth and Silk top, 14 buttons, three extra tips for my Chiaogoo circular needles, two cones of Toika Tencel, and an emergency crochet hook - I also met loads of wonderful people,  and had the most fantastic day!

Yesterday - through wind, rain, sun and everything else the Welsh countryside can throw at an unsuspecting English spinner I went to Wonderwool - not on my own to did take three friends with me - pretty sure they had a good time too!

Two brave souls waiting in the rain for the show to open....

This year I was at my most organized - I had checked out the exhibitors list and marked on the plan the chosen few.  I have to say that I think the organizers had taken pity on me and located most of those on my list in rows J, K and L - isn't that kind of them - of course I did have to check out everything not on my list - but it was very handy to get the bulk of the shopping out of the way in one fell swoop. 

The essential Wonderwool bag sold in aid of the Air Ambulance


Just a few of my buys

Polwarth and Silk - Berry Tart
Toika Tencel - to kick-start my weaving mojo!
Bobbin Winder - bought as a detash from a fellow Ravelry member
I will not, dear reader, bore you picture after picture of undyed yarn - because that forms the bulk of my Wonderwool haul, 'nuff to say I have enough yarn to keep my dye pots busy for many a day!

While I spent the day in fibre heaven Mr S was working on the new decking - well actually a lot of the hard work had been in the week, but yesterday and finally today the last pieces were slotted in.

100% Recycled Decking
We are rather pleased with this find, the material is 100% recycled - using sawdust and old car tyres - with an anti-slip finish.  Just a couple of finishing touches and there will be no more hand break turns as I slide across the old and very slippery wooden stuff - will miss that, but I shall no longer have to worry about Mr S falling and breaking a leg!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails