Sunday 22 January 2012

All stitched up - at last!

I have just finished piecing together the quilt for our bed. This project has been in the planning stage for nearly a year! I bought the fabric last January, some at Quilty Pleasures in Brighton and the rest at my favourite shop in Clevedon and then nothing - I put all the fabric away in my stash and there it has stayed until a couple of weeks ago. I had poured over various quilting books and magazines and nothing said 'bedroom quilt' - then I saw the quilt my friend Fee had made for a present - very very red with a touch of turquoise - inspirational............. and the result -




The blocks are a cross between a fence panal and a log cabin - with a touch of colour in the centre of each block. Even Molly and Mr S are happy with the design so I just need for my sewing cabinet to arrive so that I can actually quilt it!

So in the meantime I should finish some of wips - I have two cushions for the Woolsack project done, but not sewn up, a top for me and Mr S on needles and two shawls on the go and some lovely baby camel and tussah silk on the bobbin - plus several needlecases and bags cut out ready to stitch!! By the end of the month perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails