Thursday 21 July 2011

Old Proverbs and Graduation

I have been busy making a new bag for my MiniSpinner and power unit. As always I have adhered closely to the old saying measure twice, cut once..............which I did carefully, while failing miserably to check my original figures carefully - hence instead of making a bag that is 16" in length and 9" wide I made a bag 5" long and 9" wide - oophs!

What is sad is that throughout the whole process it wasn't until I came to sew the bottom of the first bag that I realised that no way was the spinner going to fit let alone the power unit and all the cables - feel a right dumbo





No prizes for guessing which is the wrong one!

On a more positive note - Mr S has produced his first hardwood spindle (sycamore on the right)and soft wood one with a mahogany veneer (left) - he is really getting into spindles -





- particularly now he has graduated and has so much time on his hands.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails