Tuesday 10 August 2010

With a little help from my friends....

Finally with a little help from my friends I have managed to spin using my new Woolee Winder. The first attempt caused the air to turn blue and a lot of hair tearing. On the second attempt I gave up in despair wondering how I could explain to Mr S why I had just spent the best part of £200 on something I couldn't master. I did manage to spin a little at the Spinning Weal but it wasn't great and I felt I was fighting the wheel all the time.

I could not for the life of me understand why the yarn kept breaking and why it was so hard to treadle - simple - adjust the tension and away you go! Thanks guys I couldn't have done it without your help

















Why is there a bulge one end - I forgot the thread through both rings totally negating the reason for the flyer - double dumbo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails