Sunday 30 May 2010

There is no justice in this world....

Finally got to visit the Court Barn Museum in Chipping Camden where there is an exhibition on Spinning, Weaving and Dyeing in the Cotswolds since 1900. Well worth a visit and more importantly for me, finally tipped the balance on 'the why do you need a table loom' discussion that has been ongoing between Mr S and myself for several months. I want a table loom - much as I love my Ashford rigid heddle I felt that it was time to move on - Mr S couldn't the need for more equipment cluttering up the sitting room.


Well as part of the exhibition the Stratford Guild of Spinners, Dyers and Weavers had set up a simple two shaft table loom - he was hooked - he could see just why I wanted one - eureka! But is there one for sale (second-hand I mean) - not a one and usually there at least one on ebay or the loomexchange. Just my luck after months of, well not actually nagging, but gentle hinting I get the OK and I can't find one unless I pay full price - there is no justice in this world.....


In the meantime I have been spending quite a lot of time chasing the insurers - re replacement caravan and car. Our luck is in with the caravan - we not getting a brand new, there are no new ones available, but a re-conditioned to our spec. At first the insurers turned this down due to cost - if they replace they pay VAT - if they pay us and we buy the new one - no VAT. What a crazy world we live in!.





The new caravan - it looks just like the old one - well it would, ours was number six and this one is number seven.







We also finally got the confirmation that the car was also a write-off and because it was less than a year old - we get a brand new car..... And here's the twist - ours was the old model, now replaced, and seemlying unattainable - so we just might get one of the new ones! But with our luck the guy will probably managed to find one - but then we also get to choose colour and options which he might not be able to match - only time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. thank you so much for sharing the link regarding Court Barn Museum - this is brilliant and we shall take some time to go and visit...

    hugs Shani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails