Monday 10 May 2010

Its Raining in Scotland

Rain with a chance of snow later in central Scotland according to Radio 4 this morning. Clearly it is much nicer in South Gloucestershire with the sun shining and blue sky but it seems surreal some how. I should be feeling down that we aren't away visiting new places, but strangely I don't, nor does Mr S! (can't speak for Molly)

I don't know whether this is a normal reaction to the accident. In some ways we seem very complacent, but in others not. Silly but I keep pinching myself (not literally) just to see if things are real.

On the downside I am still having flash backs and am having trouble sleeping. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. It is all to do with the short period that I have no memory of at all - trees and then we were upside down nothing in between. Of course I also keep going over in my mind to see if there was anything else I could have done - real experts have tried to bring a car and caravan out of a snake to no avail, so why do I think I could have done better?

There is a bright side to all this. I shall be home for the summer, so I won't miss SDW meetings and the group at the Spinning Weal - I can still go to Wimbledon and I shall be able meet up with friends at the Nationals in Gloucester at the end of the month.

Scotland will still be there next year or when we get a new caravan. This unfortunately isn't going to be so easy as it was a special and currently not available - challenges, challenges......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails