Tuesday 9 March 2010

Red Polka Dot..........

No not a bikini, but a little notebook - lost and it contains all my spinning, dying and weaving notes - a record of my gradual improvement from big chunky to fine yarn all gone.......so as you can imagine I am seriously upset. I have other books, but that was the first - started when I realised that I couldn't possibly remember what each skein was, its length, ply etc. There is a moral here - something to do with eggs and baskets.............

Still on a brighter note, I have had a lovely weekend - spinning, weaving, knitting and nursing a cold - finished my Cranford Mitts



Also cast on for my Shetland Felted Bag and already I realise that I haven't nearly enough yarn. I have spun up some Jacob Humbug to which I am going to add some colour and shall probably use this for the front of the bag - so it looks like I shall have to whiz down to Clevedon to get some more shetland roving or something similar that will felt well.



This is a bobbin of the Girly Blues roving that I spun up on Sunday - 100grams of Falkland and really pretty.


I had been thinking of getting a frame for my loom, but the Ashford frames are not right for me, I tried all ways, so Mr S custom made a frame. He is getting seriously good at adapting ideas (the Whizzy Winder now has a yarn counter attached seriously clever..) and this was made easier because Ashford very kindly allow you to download assembly instructions, so it was just a matter of adjusting the height. It has made it so much easier and I am getting on well with a second scarf orginally going to be a birthday present, but now I am not so sure.....

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant ideas... love your mitts, and very impressed with ingenuity of designs...

    hugs
    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the mitts and the scarf
    im wanting a loom now......

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails