Thursday 7 January 2010

Results from the Dye Pot














Last week I spent a couple of days in the kitchen with my dyes. I had varying success with some turning out as I had hope others more happy chance than intentional.






















From the bottom up:

1. Fee's Thank you - Falkland Roving hand-painted with Aubergine (3pts Blue Violet, 2pts Fushia and 1 pt Black), Red-violet (4pts Fushia and 1 prt Blue Violet), Turquoise and silver grey, this was the 1st attempt with too little grey

2. Compost - an attempt to emulate 'Rose Bud' a lovely mix of red and green with a touch of tumeric. Mine is more mud and yukky green, but hey ho you do learn by your mistakes and I think that I moved the contents of the dye bath and allowed the colours to mix..

3/4. Jemima. Corriedale hand-painted with teal and burgundy, more burgundy than teal and in this picture the two rovings don't look the same!!

5/6. Mallard. Hand Painted with Teal and Burgundy. Next day I tried again this time with Falkland with much better results

7. Zante. Hand-painted Falkland in Olive and Magenta.















Here is the 2nd 'Fee's Thank You' which has more grey.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails